Sunday 19 January 2014

2015: Fashola Endorses Oshiomhole for President

140413F2.Adams-OSHIOMHOLE.jpg - 140413F2.Adams-OSHIOMHOLE.jpg
 Governor Adams Oshiomhole 

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State Saturday endorsed his Edo State counterpart, Governor Adams Oshiomhole, for presidency come 2015.
Calling on Nigerian youths not to judge the future of the country by the failure of the past leaders and current leaders, Fashola, in his goodwill message at a National Youth Summit organised by the Edo State Government, said he would support Oshiomhole should he decide to take a shot at the presidency.
Fashola’s view is in tandem with a position being canvassed by some within the All Progressives Congress that to kill the North/South rivalry and douse tension, the opposition party should field a candidate from the South-south to contest against President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2015 election.
With that pairing, those canvassing the position argued, the focus will shift from North/South or Islam/Christianity to performance.

The build-up to the 2015 election is being framed at present by issues of religion and ethnicity.
Fasola said: “If Governor Adams Oshiomhole decides to run as President of this country, he will have my vote. He is the kind of leader that Nigeria needs. I say that because, I have spent five memorable years of my life in Benin City as an undergraduate and as a Youth Corps member and they are very fond memories that I hold dear in my heart today.
“I am always looking forward to coming here each time I am invited. The excitement to come here is in at an all time high. Since my brother assumed office as your governor, because every time that I come here, for all the right reasons, Benin City has not remained the same. It has changed positively and continues to change.
“On my way here, I drove past my former office on Sapele Road and clearly the place has transformed. And the Airport Road is now wider. I know what Ring Road used to be like and Akpakpava road. It is nice to know that tourism is back, flights are regular and you have done it because you have allowed yourselves to be led by a man who can inspire you to action. And I don’t think that anybody can claim the credit for what has happened here if not the people of Edo State.”
Meanwhile, the quartet of Human Rights lawyer, Festus Keyamo; Human Rights activist, Dr. Joe Odumakin; motivational speaker, Miss Toyosi Akerele; and former TUC President, Mr. Peter Esele, were Guests Speakers during the youth summit organised by the Edo State Government, with the theme ‘Nigeria’s Centenary: Defining the Issues and Setting Agenda for the Future of our Youths’.

No comments:

Post a Comment